Sunday, August 06, 2006

I'm growing a ninja!

Yesterday I had a wonderful baby shower for Ziggy. Lots of friends and family came to celebrate this little one and "shower" my belly with gifts! Soem of our favorites were:

  • The Family Time Capsule filled with mementos of Jason's childhood
  • A scooter that my Grampy built that my mom gave to us.
  • Jason's dear, sweet, lovable Pooh Bear from when he was a kid
  • A glass plate my Grampy gave my Grammy the day my mom was born.
  • A handmade scrapbook of "Parental Advice" made for me by my sister and filled with words of wisdom from many different parents in my and Jason's families.

However, I think Ziggy takes after mommy and daddy and LOVES to be the center of attention because my belly was doing hard-sore FLIPS all afternoon and night long! It started to actually be painful at dinnertime and by 11:15pm, I was rolling in extreme discomfort. Luckily, my hubby decided that running a bath would be the best thing for me and Ziggy and spent 20 minutes rubbing my belly with the warm water. I think he actually put the baby to sleep. By 12:15, I was cozy in bed (still sore, but no more moving from the baby, thank GOD!), and lulling into my own dreamland.

When I woke up this morning though, I was scared for the baby to start moving again because I didn't know how much more I could go through... But still, I have to tell myself, "this is nothing... If you can do this, labor will seem easier". I don't think Jason thought the same thing as he watched his wife roll around in pain, wincing every few minutes. What can I do to prepare HIM for what I'm going to go through?? Only time will tell...

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great shower. I love all the sentimental gifts! Tell Ziggy to settle down and play nice! :)

    ReplyDelete