Wednesday, April 18, 2007

My BRILLIANT Baby!

No...not crawling...

I have been signing with Faith for pretty much her whole life. We started "Ready", "Eat", "More", "last bite", and "all done!" when we started her on solids at 4 months.

This morning, as we were eating our "bananas and orange medley", I asked "more"? and signed to her. She smacked her hand down on the table, looked at her hands as if willing them to do what she wanted, opened on hand and hit her fist to her opened palm and opened her mouth!

Ummmm... did she just sign?? So, I tried it again! I put a spoonful in front of her and asked (no signing) "more?". Sure enough, after a little thought, she did the same motion! One more test...

I held a full spoon in front of her and looked at her expectantly but did not say or sign anything. She did the same motion again!

So, I can only deduce that she is signing!!! At just 7 months, she is telling me that she wants more food! Take THAT, non-sign-supporters!

When the end of mealtime came, and there was still more food left in the jar, and stopped signing "more" and turned her head away. We're still working on "all done"!

No comments:

Post a Comment