Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Laugh At Me

Faith and I call Jason at work every morning. In fact, after I get Faith from her bed, she starts saying "Dada! Dada! Dada!" until I get the phone and call him. It's the cutest thing ever!

Today was no different. I grab the phone and dial. A voice foreign to me answers. The conversation goes a little like this: (the parenthesis are what is going on in my head)

Voice: This is Jason.
Me: No its not (hmm..he doesn't answer is work cell that way!)
Voice: Uhhh...yes it is.
Me: No its not! (Must be his idiot cop buddies playing a joke on me. Not uncommon!)
Voice: YES. It Is!
Me: Ok then, what did I say to you last night? (I didn't say anything that was noteworthy... he'd know that)
Voice: Well, that depends on who you are!
Me: I'M YOUR "WIFE"! (ha ha ha...funny guys...)
Voice: ummm...ok...
Me: You have to say good morning to your baby!
Voice: I....I think you have the wrong number.
Me: What number did I call?
Voice: I don't know (how could he not know his own phone number??) but I'm not your husband.
Me: But your name is Jason?? My husband's name is Jason!
Voice: oh.
Me: Well, sorry to bother you!!
*click*

Oh My God. I'm retarded! I now know that if I put the first 3 numbers to Jason's work call and the last 4 numbers to my mom's cell phone, I'll get to talk to my "other hubby".

At least it made me laugh! When I told THE REAL JASON, I think he was laughing to hard he was doing that weird "non-laugh" thing... you know, where you really should take a breath but the laugh won't stop making it look like you are choking and laughing about it? Yeah...that.

Laugh it up, big boy... laugh it up.

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHA!!!! I LOVE that story! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's too funny. What are the odds that you called the OTHER Jason?!?! =) Hahahaha...

    ReplyDelete