Sunday, July 08, 2007

"If It's After 6:30pm: BUG OFF"

I swear... I want to hang a sign on my door, big enough for people to read from my driveway...before they even THINK about wandering up my path!

Tonight, DH is working an overtime shift until midnight. While he usually puts Faith down for bed (and for some reason she goes down fully awake for him and not for me), that task was left to me in his absence. Fine. I've given babies HUNDREDS of bottles...

6:30: I begin to put her down. I heat up her bottle, rub on her lotion, put on her PJs, sing her a song, and give her the bottle.

6:45: She has killed the 7+oz bottle and is still wide awake. I put her in her crib, where she contently rolls to one side and nuzzles Mr Bun Bun. Before I can even close the door, she is screaming.

6:47: I set a timer for 10 minutes at which point I will go take care of her if she is still crying.

6:49: She is screaming like I haven't heard her in a VERY long time, so I go against my normal routine and go in to rock with her.

6:53: I think how nice and calm everything is. The dogs are quiet, the baby is drifting off to lala land. It's peaceful.

6:53 and 30 seconds: There is a knock at the door, the dogs go nuts, the baby screams. I put her in her crib and go yell at Dude standing on my porch. I yelled through the glass "NOW MY BABY IS CRYING"! You'd have thought I pulled out a shotgun on him for how fast her RAN (yes, RAN) away from my house. Not sure if it was the dogs ready to rip his throat off, or the fire in my eyes.

6:54: settle back in with my screaming baby.

7:21: She is finally asleep and I have officially earned my glass of wine.

1 comment:

  1. Everyday by 6:30 pm, you should put a sign on your front lawn saying: "Beware of dogs AND a screaming baby!" =)

    ReplyDelete