Friday, July 13, 2007

Zen Mommy

Faith has teething the past few days, but yesterday, we really saw the less favorable side of the process. She woke up at 5:30am, but hoping she would go back to sleep, I didn't go in until 6:15. We went for our run (5th day in a row! Almost up to 2 miles!) and she was great. She loves being in the jogging stroller I borrowed from my friends Dave and Ann Marie.

So, 8:45 rolls around and she's getting fussy. I try putting her down a bit early for her AM nap because she got up so early. Nothing doing. I went in every 15 minutes for 10 minutes to rock her. She was fine in my arms, but the second I went to put her in her crib, all hell broke loose! After 90 minutes of screaming, I laid down with her in our bed and 30 minutes later, we were both asleep. It only lasted 30 minutes, but it was a blissful 30 minutes!

Her PM nap was more of the same. She was acting tired, so I did our naptime ritual. Nope. Again, the second I go to put her in the crib, she is screaming. 30 minutes after starting the process, I just said "screw it", and let her play in the family room. Surprisingly, she was very well-behaved, even though I knew she was tired!

Jason worked an overtime shift last night, so bedtime was left up to me. I gave her a nice long bath and let her play for almost 30 minutes. We got out, dried off, put on lavender lotion and snuggly PJs. I defrosted her bottle, called Daddy to say good night, and warily went to try to get her to sleep. She zonked out before finishing her bottle. She woke up one time, about 40 minutes later and I just quickly went in and let her finish her bottle. She was back asleep in no time.

I had a glass of wine after a VERY long day. Hell, I had earned it!! I also got a chance to "mop" my kitchen, dining room and living room (on my hands and knees. I'm trying to save my pennies for a wet/dry vac for the hardwood and laminate floors). It sucked at the time, but BOY, does it look nice in here! Maybe THAT will help with my outlook today...

Which brings us to this morning. She woke up at 5:30 again. Ugh. I am praying that yesterday wasn't a preview for how its going to be today. So, I am going to do my best to be Zen Mommy... Ooooo Saaaahhhhhh....Ooooooo Saaaaahhhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment