Mr. Bun Bun has been in DIRE need of a bath for the past 4 months. However, upon finding out that this Ty Toy is no longer made, I have been putting it off because I was scared to DEATH I'd screw something up and he'd fall apart in the washer.
I had also come to identify his smell with Faith's infancy. He smelled like lavender and pineapple. The lavender was a no brainer... we rub Faith with lavender lotion every night at bed and she snuggles with him. The pineapple is another story. I can only think that it's Faith's sweet essence, left behind for me to cherish.
A few thoughts:
1) I wish I had taken a before and after shot of him. He looks all shiny and new!
2) Faith still loves him. She snuggled with him the second he came out of the washer even though he was still wet.
3) I think I am going to miss how Bun Bun smells more than Faith is going to. I wonder if he'll ever smell that way again...
He's going to get a new "Faith" smell... Just as sentimental to you as it was before the wash! :)
ReplyDelete