I still plan on running the Grape Stomp on October 28th, but I have been inspired. Actually, part of me feels silly that I hadn't thought of it immediately!
Cancer invades our lives. It takes loved ones from us, sometimes after a well-lived life, sometimes in the prime of life, and sometimes striking a child. It can make people question, abandon, grow stronger, or revive their faith. It can affect all places of the body, from blood to bone, from heart to brain. It can kill in days, weeks, or years. It knows no limits.
Cancer can also inspire. It can bring a family together. It can urge people to live their lives with more grace, excitement, and passion. It can encourage you to say "I love you" more often. It can make you realize what you have and what you could lose.
As I have posted about previously, Jason's Grandma passed away of Ovarian Cancer in May. She was a force in this world, doing everything you could to support and love her brothers and sisters in the fight against cancer. After 5 bouts with the beast, she she was greeted in the end by her husbands strong arms and her Father in Heaven. Grandma participated in races/walks in honor of survivors, fighters, and research of ovarian cancer. She wore a ribbon belt, each individual ribbon emblazoned with the name of a person stricken with Cancer. At her memorial, the picture displayed was of her shining face, at the finish line.
In honor of Grandma, my Mother-in-Law (who conquered Breast Cancer), my Grampy, my Grammy Faith, my Papa Joe, Jason's Grandpa, My friend Kat's mother (who just passed away a few days ago), my friend Day-vee's dad (who passed away in July), and any other person who has been affected by cancer, I will be running the Susan G. Komen Race for The Cure 5K in September.
Once I get registered, I will be asking for donations from anyone that feels inclined to do so. Let me help you be a voice in the crowd. Let's fight the Best with everything we've got.
Love. Blessings. Light.
That's awesome! Where is it? I'm also interested! :)
ReplyDelete