Friday, September 14, 2007

One Small Step for Faithkind...

OK. I am not going to consider it "walking", but today, after being changed on her changing table, I put Faith down, standing up (at which point she usually sits with a *thump* on her newly diapered butt) in the middle of her room. She was about a foot-18 inches away from her ottoman.

She stood there for a sec (which in itself is an oddity for her) looked up at me... at the ottoman... up at me... at the ottoman and took 2 steps towards it! The second her little hands touched down, she broke out in a HUGE smile and started giggling uncontrollably!

I, of course, screamed in glee and started crying! Then I thought to myself "I guess we can go ahead and get the stage 3 Stride Rite Shoes!".

So, I won't call it walking until I think she is doing it on purpose, but, it's definitely a "step" in the right direction! HA!

1 comment:

  1. OMG. YAY! How exciting. I seriously cannot believe how old she is!!!!

    ReplyDelete