Monday, November 05, 2007

Oh No...

Faith is able to get up on the couch on her own!! The smile she gives me is priceless, but it's yet another milestone that signifies her growing up. *sigh* It was bound to happen some day!

The good news is that she can also get DOWN on her own! She turns around, like she is supposed to, and slides off. The first time she did it, I praised her for being able to get down and for doing it properly. She gave me a "high five", and now everytime she gets down, she comes over for a "high five". It's super cute. :)

Other updates:
About the time change: For about a week before the change, we started putting her down closer and closer to 8pm. She does really well going down, but woke up this morning at 5:30 (6:30 according to her body!). I knew it was going to be a bit of a struggle, but we're dealing with it... I love/hate hearing people excited about the day before the time change in the Fall because "we get an extra hour to sleep in!"....OBVIOUSLY not new parents.

About School: I'm more than half way through my quarter!!! 4 more weeks and I am done! This quarter, I think, has actually been one of my more successful ones... not in the sense that my grades are amazing (although, they aren't bad AT ALL), but I have yet to REALLY flip out. My mom came up to watch the kid while I spent 7 hours parked in front of my computer working on midterms. I ALMOST feel caught up... but the moment is fleeting.

About Me Getting Old: A friend talked me into going to my 10 year reunion. She came over for dinner and we spent the evening going through our "class photo" taken a few days before we graduated. I used to think I was good with faces, but Lord, I SWEAR! I was only able to ID about half the people in the photo, but with my friend, we made a good pair. I am starting to look forward to seeing some of these people in person. And I know of at least 2 of my gal-pals going...one of which I haven't seen in years. That'll be nice. I'd better hit the gym again! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment