Monday, December 17, 2007

Climb Ev'ry Mountain!

Faith has started climbing things. She's been conquering the couch for some time now, and has mastered the rocking Lay-z-boy. She loads it up first with the TV remote, a stuffed animal, and a bunch of books, and will "read" for quite a long time! she doesn't even get thrown off by its rocking with every movement she makes!

I was reorganizing our pantry (see what time off does for me?) and needed to reach our top shelf. I pulled out the stool I bought when I was Preggers to be able to comfortably get up on the bed in our trailer. Faith QUICKLY learned how do use the stool and I had to fight her for access to it!

Well, today, she did something that almost made me cry because it seemed like such a huge step (quite literally!). She managed to get on and off our bed, which is about 35" off the ground. We have a little platform around it that made it a bit easier, but it's still a BIG stage for her. Looks like I need to be more consistent about closing our bedroom door! As you can see from the video, she is not always Lil' Miss Graceful when it comes to her dismount!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful climbing! I give her a 8.5 because of the dismount. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how she automatically goes for another round!

    ReplyDelete