Tuesday, February 05, 2008

The "Awesome News" Weekend!

All of our awesome news, in no particular order (pay no mind to the numbers) ;)

Awesome News #1:

My very good friend, and bridesmaid oh so many years ago, Stephanie and her Special Someone, Steve got married on Saturday!! They've been together for about as long as Jason and I so it was wonderful to see them take it to the next level in front of so many friends and family! Stephanie's sister made her dress and she was as radiant as ever (seriously...I think she is always that glowing!).







Awesome News #2:

At Steph and Steve's wedding, I got to see 5 of my very good friends from High School! Christy I haven't seen since the day we graduated because she now lives in Florida! She is expecting her second baby girl in April and it was fabulous to reconnect with her! Mandy and I had a falling out way back when and it was as if nothing had ever happened... It was so nice to not have that stupid comfortablenesses that sticks to high school drama for too long. She looks amazing and I hope to keep in better contact with her! She might even be coming to work in Walnut Creek (but would still be living in The City). I've seen the other 3 (Audra, Caitlin, and Stephanie) on occasion since graduating, and 2 of them were at the reunion in November. However, only Steph had ever met Faith. It was a shining moment for me.

Awesome News #3:


IT'S A BOY!!!!

That's right, folks! I am going to have a nephew! So far, my sis is feeling great (no morning sickness! Must run in the family!) and the doc said not only that the baby looks good but he looks "awesome". His words...not mine ;)

Here's another, cuz he's darn cute:


Awesome News #4:

IT'S A GIRL!!!!

Another one of my bridesmaids, Kat, is expecting her first baby ON her birthday (June 18). She found out yesterday that that little one that is giving her those amazing kicks is a little girl! I couldn't be happier for them! I am only sad that she and her husband, Joel, live in England so it will probably be quite some time before I meet that kid! Boo!

Awesome News #5:

My mom's birthday was on Sunday and we got to hang out as a family for brunch! Then Nana and Papa Joe came over to watch the Pats lose. :( (not so awesome news). Nana got a Coach purse. I just might have to give in to the temptation... Valentines day is just around the corner! ;)

Faith's a "dipper", like her mama.

Awesome News #6:

We got our taxes done and were finally able to buy Jason his XBox 360! We're now trying to sell all his PS2 stuff. Interested? ;)

Awesome News #7:

My friend Teri had her second baby boy on Jan. 31! Aaron joins his big brother Ryan and his loving parents! Teri was a CHAMP with a natural labor! Seriously...the woman is my hero. She's always so composed under pressure and her labor and delivery (at least how it sounded when she retold the story) was no exception. We are very happy for this whole family and can't wait to snuggle Aaron!!

1 comment: