Friday, March 21, 2008

Faith's Beauty

I may be biased, but I really do think she gets more beautiful each day.

Thanks, Gram and Gramps, for Faith's beautiful dress!





These are our Morning Doves. They have returned from last year, but this time, we are going to be better at keeping the dogs away from them while teaching their baby to fly. I am not sure, but I think, as a "seasoned mommy", I care more about these birds this time that last year when their chirping irritated me. Now I see how the family cares for each other, feeds and nurtures each other, and the "co-parenting" of the little one. One parent often sits on the power lines, keeping vigil over the nest, while the other parent keeps their baby warm.

I think, even with the backyard redo, that we will leave this planter up and hope for their return every year.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!

    We have mourning Doves as well. Their nest is right outside our front door and they come back every year. I loooove them. Doves and Cherry Blossoms, I look forward to each year.

    ReplyDelete