Friday, March 07, 2008

Finally, a better day....

If I haven't talked to you in the past few days, you might not know the drama happening in the Hoschouer household. Here's a very quick synopsis:

1) Our backyard Neighbors (not-so-affectionately called Crazy Biotch), have refused to pay a dime in the replacement of our shared fence.

2) Our other backyard neighbor (not-so-affectionately called Crazy Lady) is willing to pay but wants the most expensive everything...wood, lattice, decorative caps, and contractor. We have tried replying to the same email 3 times with our plans but she is an idiot and can't seem to get her head out of her butt to be able to check her friggin' email or look in her spam box.

3) My professors were sooo kind to schedule final papers due 2 weeks before finals so we'd have a break with our other classes. Unfortunately, ALL of my professors did this so I have all of my final papers due this upcoming week!

Today was a MUCH better day.

1) My good friend Erica took Faith for a few hours, gave her lunch, played outside with her and the boys, and made ME baked brie so I could get some homework done (yes, the brie was necessary). I got 4 papers finished (including one extra credit assignment!) in the few hours I had to myself. I LOVE THAT WOMAN! I feel refreshed, calm, and like I can tackle what is left of school!

2) The fencing project begins on Sunday and we've spoken to the City Attorney who says the law is on our side. If our neighbors don't want to put any money up like they are REQUIRED to, they should stuf their big stupid faces because we could sue them for the materials (Ok, so I ad lib'd that part...the "big stupid faces" part, not the suing them part)

3) I did laundry, gardened, vacuumed, AND rested for an hour on top of getting a ton of homework done! I'm tellin' ya... I've got a new lease on life!

So, that's it. Faith was friggin adorable today as we were on our way to see Aiden and Sean. She is picking up new words and signs like CRAZY! I also think she is giving Aiden and Sean namesigns (instead of fingerspelling a commonly referred to person's name over and over, they get assigned a name sign to make it quicker). I'll try to get that on video in the next few days... for now, here's a list of words I heard her trying to say (just today!) and signs she is picking up on:

Words
outside
Maddie
Sophie
Upsy Daisy
There s/he is!
Aiden
Sean
Erica

Signs
crayon
orange
thirsty
red
blue
colors
draw
friend (seen in video)
flower

It's pretty amazing. We can be sitting reading a book and she will point to a flower and sign flower for me. She will mimic the faces of characters in the book (ever seen a Grover face on anyone but Grover?), she'll see Cookie Monster eating a bag of cookies and be able to tell me its a cookie (she kinda snorts for cookie. Same sound as for a pig sound. I musta called her a piggy when she was eating cookies or something. I've scarred her for life).

We must be heading into the word spurt (18 months) that my teachers have drilled into my head!




2 comments:

  1. Aw, I'm more than happy to help out and so relieved that you were able to get so much done. I still feel kinda bad I didn't offer sooner. ;) I hope Faith napped well and is sleeping soundly tonight. I know the boys are! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so funny how our kids are both learning words, but the words they are learning are so different!

    We were walking around Target the other day and passed the bra section, Grey pointed and said "Bra!" hahaha. I seriously think his MO is to learn the words that make me laugh the most.

    ReplyDelete