Sunday, June 15, 2008

It's a Done Deal!

Well, mostly... I just have to be sure I passed my grammar final....

But, for all intents and purposes I am graduated with a B.A in Liberal Studies with a concentration in Early Childhood Development.

Great friends and family came to celebrate the occasion and I got some really neat and thoughtful gifts! At the risk of sounding like a braggart, I got a beautiful watch from my Mom and Dad (I feel like a grown-up!), wine glasses, corkscrew, and chiller sleeve from my in-laws (for those grown-up parties), a custom designed (but yet to be built, as he need the dimensions of the diploma) diploma from from my sister and Jamie, a spa gift card (highlights or massage? What a tough decision!), a beautiful necklace handmade by Angel Face Designs with Faith's birthstone in the form of a swarovski crystal on it (My actual necklace is on her site!!!) , and other great gifts! It was an amazing day! (pictures to come, I hope. My Dad took them and timeliness is not one of his strong suits. Love you, Dad!) If I failed to mention your gift, it's not because I didn't love and honor it, but because I was feeling a bit too braggartish. :)

As many (all?) of you know, its been a looooooong road to this day. I had support along the way, but most notably has been Jason. He's worked the overtime to allow me to stay home. He's been the trusted babysitter (except for my mom on a number of occasions). He's been my Quiz Master that helped me study. He's been my rock that held me down through all of my insanity fits. He's been my friend to share the joy of accomplishment with. He's cheered me on, told me to breathe, and been there for MUCH of my journey. As I have told him on numerous occasion, I couldn't have done it without him. Partially, that's the truth. I would like to think I could have done it on my own, being the strong woman I am, but I know it would have taken me MUCH longer that it did with his support. So, on this Father's Day, Thank You Jason. Thank you for making me realize I deserve everything you have afforded me. I love you.

Oh, and one more braggy thing (I'm entitled, right??)... Jas and I are making a voyage to San Francisco to get the third band in my wedding set to commemorate my graduation. I knew if I asked for it on every (read: ANY) occasion, I'd get it some day :)

Again, I hope for pictures soon!

6 comments:

  1. You did it!!! Congratulations!! What a special day! I can't wait to see the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats again, Katie!

    And woo-hoo for the new ring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats again Katie! And Thank you for letting me be a part of it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Katie! I am so sorry we weren't able to celebrate with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats again!!! Sorry we weren't able to make it! I'm sure your party was a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy for you! Congrats, I am sorry we could not make it. I hope you enjoy the spa ;)

    ReplyDelete