Saturday, July 05, 2008

A JULY 4th MIRACLE!!

Maddie woke up the morning of the 4th at 3am, pacing in pain. We knew she had to do her business but could tell she was extremely uncomfortable. After Jas left for work at 5:45, I took my turn with her...massaging her belly, talking softly to her, and letting her out anytime she did anything that might warrant the suggestion.

I took her to the parade with me and both dogs did exceptionally well! (I might even be in the Town Paper with them!) We walked about 3 miles total, which I hoped wasn't hurting her.

I took them back to my house while we went to the park in Pleasant Hill for a bit more fun. I was so scared I'd come home to a poop mess! But I didn't...just a puppy in pain.

We had some 'ritas, bought, prepped, and cooked dinner, and while we were relaxing afterwards, I saw Maddie trying to do her business. I can't believe how excited I was.

I ran to get Jason so he could examine it (yeah baby...who wears the pants NOW??). We found a CHUNK of rubber about 1"x 2" x 1/4" thick. IT'S HUGE!!! The funny thing is that we know which ball it came from, but we haven't had that ball in MONTHS... if not over a year!!!

So, God willing, this is the end of the trials for our sweet Maddie Rose. I hope we can pack the pounds on again (she's down 15lbs in the past 2 months) and she will be right as rain after a few days of recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment