Friday, August 29, 2008

Thanks for Waiting!

I am not really sure why, but I have kind of been avoiding posting. Nothing bad has happened, but I am just uninspired to write on here. Maybe its because of the troll issues I've had as of late, but those things have sorta disappeared so it really shouldn't keep affecting me!

Let's see... Last Monday, we went to Tilden for a family day! We finally hit Little Farm to feed the goats, sheep, and more goats, as well as try to touch the bunnies (they wouldn't let us). At Little Farm, you can take celery and lettuce to feed to the animals, so we pit stopped at Safeway and took advantage of their 10 for $10 sales. No, we didn't buy 10 celery and 10 lettuce heads. That's a lot of food. But $2 later, we were on our way!

After Little Farm, we went to the Steam Trains, also in Tilden. My Mom and sister think Faith is going to grow out of the train phase, but as of right now, she is totally diggin' them! And at $2/pp to ride (under 2 is free!), it was well worth the $4 for a 15 minute ride! We'll be back there, for sure!! A $6 family day? That's UNHEARD of! Next time, though, we'll take a picnic and play at the play structure right by the Farm and/or take our suits and take a dip in Lake Anza!

Faith wasn't too sure about feeding the animals herself so she let us do most of it. The one time she tries, the goat ripped the celery right out of her hand! I'd be put off too!

But she didn't mind looking...

Even on Family Fun days, we have to discipline! This is her "oops, sorry" face.

But after a kiss, she is back to smiles.

Looks like someone spotted the Choo Choo Train!

Again, a total "Faith Face"

The other BIG thing this past week is all about me!! :) Lemme give you a bit of background...

I had been going to the same hairdresser for years (she styled my hair for the wedding), and while I thought the person was really great (and easy to talk to), I hadn't been satisfied with my cut for way too long. It started when I went in for my Mommy Cut in December 2006. I felt the short hair made my face look fat. And to be honest, I was 20lbs heavier back then. I am sure it DID! So, after 5 years with the same person, I bit the bullet in March and went to someone new. I gave her 2 tries as she tried to sort out what was wrong with my current "style". But I never walked out feeling like a new person. I walked out feeling duped to the tune of $60.

Then came a BRILLIANT idea... My online Mom Group has regular Get-togethers (GTGs). We have a wide array of talented ladies on the board, one of whom is a hairdresser, but she works in Sacramento! Way too far for a cut. So, one of the moms had the great idea to have a Haircutting GTG! We went to a friends house in Fairfield, let the kids play with toys and eat snacks, and socialize with one another, while the moms all got gussied up!! We had Zachary's Pizza (that in itself warrants its own GTG!) and Fenton's Ice Cream (again, a GTG by itself!), able bodied babysitters (the moms not currently getting beautified!), a child-safe place to play (Thanks Rina!), and some Mommy socialization time too!

(Side note: my friend, Kelly, has just opened up for business taking photographs professionally! the following 3 pictures are from her and I am sure you will see more pictures from playdates and I will always give her a little shout-out. The girl deserves it for following her dream!)

I can totally see her doing this as a teenager too.
(Photo by Kelly Marie)

(Photo by Kelly Marie)

(Photo by Kelly Marie)

Rina set up their bouncehouse for the kids. Faith LOVED it! She got her obsession with them from her Mama.

Gabe had better watch out for Sumo Faith!

"C'mon in Mommy!" (ever the little hostess!)

Jump, Baby! Jump!

Best of all, Melissa, the hairdresser, knew what I had been getting at and gave me the BEST cut I have ever had! Have you ever walked out of the salon feeling like a million dollars only to not be able to style your hair the same way the next day? Not so with this cut! She took my wave/curl into account and I have been able to recreate AND style it differently, all with very cute results! As I told her, I am happy to look in a mirror again. And I've even started wearing lipstick again!! Funny how a new do will change your perspective. It's the cut I have been trying to get since 2006.

Monday at Tilden

Tuesday at the Haircutting GTG
(Picture by Kelly Marie)

In Faith news, she is still adorable. (duh!). Her newest thing is singing Amazing Grace along with us when we sing it to her to go to bed. She picks up new songs everyday, and the singer in me, loves every second of it. Forget Billboards Top 20! I'll take Faith putting together a medley of her favorite songs (unless there is a song called "Row Row Rainbow Fruit Salad Grace" that I am unaware of) to the radio any day. Move over Diddy... Faithie is in town!

In Max news, I am officially starting watching him as of the 15th of Sept! ACK! On the upside, I am quite proud of how I manage the two kids together, but I know it will take some adjusting and getting used to.

Anyway, that's it for my update. I'd love to say I'll be better, but I just can't promise anything. Once I get started, it flows, but it's the starting part that is tricky!

3 comments:

  1. Whew ... I was afraid I was going to have to see someone about withdraw pains from not seeing updates! Obviously I have a serious addiction. This was wonderful (as always) and well worth the wait. Love the hair! And, of course, am crazy about the Princess! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about this GTG - makes me want to get a bounce house! And your new haircut is fabulous - you look HOT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of the pictures - Faith is gorgeous! And, damn you're a sexy mama with that hot, new hair!

    ReplyDelete