This past Monday's session was on shapes. The kids kicked the ball to a colored flag and made a shape with cones. It was bROILING out, so Faith was a little less than eager to run around, but she was getting reall good at kicking the ball! I've never actually played soccer (except when they force you to in High School PE), but I think it's pretty cool when she uses both her feet to kick the ball. She doesn't stop in front of the ball and kick with the same foot over and over. That's cool, right?
I also think buying her a non-Nerf soccerball this past week helped her be ready to kick the harder surface of a normal ball. The 2 weeks prior, she seemed to step on the ball pretty often because I think she thought her kick should have made it go as far as it would have for her Nerf Soccerball. A lesson in muscle memory!
Like any good athelete, she's worked up a good sweat and is sure to hydrate!
I think she looks so old because of those sneakers! They look like grownup sneakers!
ReplyDelete