Tuesday, May 26, 2009

BGB, Night #1

This whole weekend, since the moment we purchased the BGB, Faithhas been asking to sleep in it. So, after we dropped Gram off at the airport, we headed home to try for her frst nap in the BGB! She fell asleep halfway home (that's what happens when you keep waking up more than an hour before you normally do!), and we tried to transfer her when we got home. A Bust. She didn't want it dark in the room. She kept turning on the bedside table. She didn't want us leaving her side. She just wasn't having it. So, after just 30 minutes of quiet time (part of it was us snuggling her and part of it was her in her room alone, with the door shut), she asked to get up. The only tears were at the start of the nap-attempt, because she didn't want us to leave the room yet. She kept asking for "the black one", which, I come to find out, means her crib, which is a dark wood. 

So, when bedtime rolled around, I was hopeful, but scared out of my wits! I've heard of my friends who have had a difficult time getting their kid to STTN (sleep thru the night) when they changed rooms/beds, even if thei kid had been a great sleeper before! Faith, as I am sure I've blogged about, has ALWAYS been a great sleeper. I STILL get 3 hours average on her daily nap and 12 hours at night! 

So, we did her potty time, her teeth brushing, and got her dressed, as we normally did. Because of her request to sleep in the nursery at naptime, we then took her to say GoodBye to her Little Girl Bed. She said,

"Goodbye Little Girl Bed! I'm a Big Girl now so I am going to sleep in the other room, ok? In my Big Girl Bed. Thanks for all the nice memories! I'll see you in the morning!"

Then, instead of reading her story in Mommy and Daddy's bed, we all piled into her BGB (not exactly comfy, and I'm sure it'll become increasingly so as my belly gets bigger!), and read our books. The biggest change was the fact that, after storytime, we didn't cuddle in the glider, as we have every night we have slept in this house since the day she was born. Instead, we snuggled in her bed and sang our songs (It's harder to do the handmotioons for I'm a Little Teapot whilst lying down!), made up stories, and talked about our day. I played her Daddy Doll for her, gave her a kiss, and left my Big Girl to sleep. 

We didn't hear a peep from her until 6:45am. 

Before we went to bed, we checked on her. We had put her in a footed sleeper because the nights have been chilly, and gave her multiple blankets because she usually kicks them off. Well, just because the nights have been chilly doesn't mean the evenings haven't been stuffy! So, with the extra layers, and no a/c on, Faith got a tad hot. But our little resourceful girl took care of her own problem! When we peeked in, she had taken the top portion of her footed sleeper off! I still left the heater on to kick on at 5am, just to take the chill out of the room, and I am glad I did. When I got her up this morning, she was totally naked. *sigh*

I can't win 'em all, can I? ;)

2 comments:

  1. Love that! My niece sleeps with 1/2 of her sleeper off (She is 5) but likes it on for when she has to go pee! Paige has taken to unzipping herself in her sleepers now. The joys of motherhood!

    ReplyDelete