I'm coming into the home stretch! Things feel like they are zipping by and I am able to countdown to my due date in various ways, often making it feel as short as possible, setting my mind into a frenzy! It helps a ton that the nursery is coming back together (we put the front of the crib back on this morning). I couldn't imagine how crazy I'd be if we still had a nursery to put together!
Some of the ways I've calculated how long I have left:
- I am only 6 weeks away from being "Full Term" (37 weeks).
- I am only 9 weeks away from my EDD.
- If I go overdue and I have to be induced (at 42 weeks), it will be Sept. 12. That's right... Faith's 3rd birthday. (I can't believe it's taken me this long to figure out that the kids are exactly 2 weeks apart)
- I have only 4 more pre-natal appointments left (35 weeks, 37 weeks, 39 weeks, 40 weeks).
- My friend Kelly's friend is out of town for 3 weeks. That means, when he gets back, I'll have only 6 weeks to go until my EDD, and only 3 weeks to go until I am full term.
We had an appointment this morning to take the usual measurements and hear TicTac's heartbeat. The Doc found it right away and it was beating strong at 152BPM.
As I've posted about before, I've been concerned about weight gain because of, what seemed to me to be, alarmingly rapid gaining. Well, in the past 4 weeks, I only gained 1lb! Of course, I was concerned it wasn't enough because I am supposed to be gaining about a pound a week! The doc, as usual, wasn't concerned and said I was doing fantastically. I've been eating a salad a day (with a bit of protein) for one of my meals, and trying to be better about what I snack on. I, most definitely, haven't been starving myself and actually thought I had let myself go a little crazy this past week! But, everything looks good and more importantly, I feel good!
Which brings me to aches and pains... We've have to move the dogs out of out bedroom because they would wake me up with their moving and licking during the night. I was constantly telling them "leave it!" or snapping my fingers at them. Because I sleep poorly as is, they had to be moved because I need all the sleep I can get. Since we moved them last week, I sleep MUCH better, as long as I can get comfortable.
I've been trying to do some squats to open my hips (is that TMI?), which helps enormously with getting comfortable at night. I can really feel the weight of my belly when I lie down, and have found that almost sleeping on my back (with a pillow propping me to one side or the other), is the most comfortable position. because pregnant chicks aren't supposed to sleep on their backs, I checked with my doc that it was ok to do so, and she said it was just fine. I'll take any comfort I can get!
you look great! i am guessing another girl :)
ReplyDeleteYou've popped out! Too cute! My belly button never did that - just flattened.
ReplyDelete