Tuesday, July 28, 2009

35 Week TicTac Update

I had a doctors appointment yesterday morning. Besides the normal visit tasks (weight, listening to the heartbeat and measuring growth), we also found out that the baby is indeed in the prime birthing position of head down (YAY!) and has dropped a little bit already!! I don't think I dropped with Faith at all until I was actually in labor, so that's exciting news to me!

As the Doc was measuring my growth, she asked how big Faith was. We told her she was just under 7lbs and she said "yeah, this baby isn't going to be big". At first, it sent a red flag up for me. I don't mind a non-big baby (I mean, who wants to try another natural labor and EXPECT a massive baby??), I just worry that the baby is small! I told her that I had low fluid levels when I was pregnant with Faith, so she told me to remind her of that next time and she'll check them out. Can you say ULTRASOUND???? ;)

I fretted over the "not big baby" comment for a while until I remembered that the reason they found out my fluid levels were low last time was because they thought Faith was going to be "too small" (which takes on a whole new meaning after having seen Max grow from just over 2lbs. to a very healthy boy!!). I had the U/S, and was scheduled for non-stress tests to make sure the low fluid levels weren't affecting the baby. Even during those tests, they thought Faith would be 5.5-6lbs and came out 6lbs 15.4oz.

So, I took a deep breath and let go. I've always said I just want a healthy baby. And I've known plenty of "small" babies that are born healthy!

For now, I'll just look forward to my possible ultrasound in 2 weeks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment