Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Josie: 1 Week Old

This week has flown by like you wouldn't believe, and I have no doubt it's because we've had very little time to just hang out around the house since we've been going back and forth to doctor appointment. Yesterday was our first day without visitors or errands and it was blissful!

Josie's cord stump fell off last night, which at 6 days, it incredibly faster than Faith's which fell off at 5 WEEKS! We had been waiting for the cord to fall off to start our foray in Cloth Diapering because I didn't feel like the diapers were a good fit when we were trying to avoid the cord. She's in her 3rd CD of her life, and so far, so good! She soiled the first 2 within minutes of them going on ;)

Josie's still pretty newborn dopey so it's hard to tell how she actually is, but this past week has been pretty easy as far as sleeping goes. She sleeps about 16 hours a day (according to our iPhone App "Baby Log", which, by the way is AWESOME!). She goes to bed around 10:30 or 11, wakes around 2am and then 5am. She stays awake for about an hour each waking, but since she's so sleepy during the day, I just stare at her, and she at me. I know it's our only time that I don't have to worry about Faith feeling left out, so I'm enjoyig it for now.

Jason has been getting up with the girls in the morning (around 7am) and lets me sleep until 9:30!! It's been incredible! I'm already dreading the day he goes back to work and I don't have that luxury!

Faith has been having attachment troubles when it comes to naptime and bedtime. She likes to cuddle as a family, but then throws a major fit when we go to leave the room. She's also been saying she has to go poop or that her tummy hurts to get us to stay with her. Smart kid! However, when we give her the opportunity to use the toilet, she doesn't go. Note to Faith: Jigs up. Where do you think you got your smarts??

On the cute side, Faith has been treating BunBun like her baby (which she's done before), making sure he's warm, clean, cuddled, and well rested. She also tried breastfeeding him for the first time today. I knew it was coming. I just hope she doesn't ask to start wearing my nursing bras.

No comments:

Post a Comment