Monday, November 02, 2009

How Did We Get So Lucky??

When I was pregnant with Josie, I would poke my tummy vigorously and say "you hear that TicTac?? Do that!" any time the topic of how great Faith slept came up. People would laugh and tell me I couldn't possibly end up with two awesome sleepers (at which point I'd poke my tummy again and say, "don't you listen to them TicTac! You listen to Mommy!").

She listens to Mommy... for now ;)

We have tried a couple of times to get Josie to sleep in her crib, but every time we tried, she would throw up. *sigh* So, I'd just bring her back to bed, counting my lucky stars that she hadn't just yakked in MY bed, and snuggle with her. She's been "a good sleeper" since early on, only waking up once or twice at night to nurse, pretty much since we brought her home! But that was with her in our bed, a habit I was enjoying, but not wanting to ingrain in her little mind as being the only way to fall asleep.

Last night, we put the crib wedge under the mattress to help her hopefully keep her nighttime snack down. Around 8:45, I nursed her in the quiet nursery for 15 minutes. She was getting dozey, so I put her in the crib. Then her eyes *POPPED* open and she started looking around the dimly lit room.

*sigh*

In my experience with Faith, this meant she was going to start wailing at any moment and I'd have to cuddle her to calm her again. I spent many an hour draped over the side of Faith's crib with my whole arm, then hand, then fingers under her head until I was able to sneak away only to have my ankle crack while I walked out and the cycle would start over again. But luckily, once I was out of the room, I was safe. She would sleep for HOURS.

So, when Josie's eyes popped open, I sighed heavily, but she made nary a sound! So, I walked out.

And she fell asleep... and she slept.... and slept.... and slept...

... until 3:50am!!!

That's right! At less than 10 weeks old (2 days shy of that marker), Little Miss Josie Joy not only slept in her crib for the first time, but she did so for almost 7 HOURS!

Thanks for listening to Mommy, Josie. I'll be sure to read this when you are 13 and no longer doing that. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment