Wow! Where did 5 months go?? It's just a matter of time (literally!) before Josie is a year old!!! Ok, so I may be getting ahead of myself just a tad ;^)
Let's focus on what Little Miss Josie Joy can do at 5 months, shall we?
At 5 months old, Josie...
... still sleeps very well at night. She goes down around 6:30pm, wakes once around 12:28am (weird, I know), and wakes for the day around 7:30am.
... has started accepting a pacifier... for the first time... LAST NIGHT! We stopped trying around a week old because she was just not into it, but after nursing for 30 minutes AND polishing off a 3.5oz bottle last night, I gave it a whirl. Success.
... takes bottles (finally!). She doesn't get them often, but neither Daddy nor I are scared to try to get her to take one. It's not nearly the battle it was last month. We've even been able to leave her with Nana for a few hours at a time, first to go out for our Anniversary dinner, and again the next day to go wine tasting.
... Isn't rolling over yet. :^( At first, I was concerned because Faith rolled over at 3.5 months but then a few things occurred to me... 1) Faith rolled over that first time and then not again for many many weeks! Looks like Josie has her Daddy's perfectionism in her blood and has to do it right the first time. 2) She is on the floor much less often than Faith was because we don't have the baby gates up to keep the dogs at a distance (Faith would just leave them open anyway). 3) She is wearing much bulkier cloth diapers, which I think make it harder for her to get that leg over the other. She can do it, it just takes a little more strength. Her doctor isn't concerned, so neither am I.
... isn't eating solid foods yet. I'm just not ready to lose that *baby* part of her yet! Though, I'd better get over it because she will be starting them in the next couple of weeks. Maybe then she'll stop with that one night waking!
... wears 3-6 month clothes, though many 6-9 month pants fit more comfortably over that big ol' diaper butt of hers!
... plays with Coco, GloWorm, and Faith most often... but I think it's because that's how Faith likes it :^)
... still has those beautiful blue eyes (thanks Gram!) and those gorgeous auburn undertones to her hair (thanks Gram!).
... still sucks on her thumb or fingers, but not very often.
... is super easy to put down for naps and bedtime. I always put her down totally awake and she very VERY rarely makes a fuss. She'll look at her pretty face in her crib mirror, or gaze at the rainforest crib light until she lulls off to la la land.
And of course... a mini-photoshoot:
No comments:
Post a Comment