On a whim, he emailed the editor with a link to his blog, asking for constructive critisism. The email he received back was certainly a suprise, as he was offered a column!! (as I write this, I feel like I've blogged about I before. But who cares... It's so amazing it's worth repeating)
Anyhoo... He wrote his first column, handed it in, and the offered him a featured column! If he supplied his own artwork/pictures, he'd be paid additionally! So, he asked his very talented coworker to take some shots and we'd pay him.
Jason got an email from his editor a couple of days ago with the following picture:

HE MADE THE COVER!!!!
Not only did his dream of being a published writer come true, but he's a MODEL now!!
I am so very proud of him, and am thrilled our daughters will and and do have such shining examples of not giving up on your dreams.
The issue is mailed to subscribers on 3/31. I'll post a link when it's available.
This makes me cry everytime I see it. I know it's not about me (really I do) but I am such a proud mom I can hardly stand it! xoxo to my kids!!
ReplyDeleteHow does a non-subscriber get a copy?
ReplyDelete