Sunday, June 20, 2010

Holding Hands


This morning, as I was nursing Josie, Faith came stumbling out of her room. She climbed up into the chair and rubbed Josie's back and said, "Good morning Josie Joy! Mom! She's so little! Awwww...". Still nursing, Josie reaches her little hand out to hold her sister's hand.

The girls have also discovered that they can pass things to and from one another while in ther carseats. On more than one occasion, I've found them reaching for each other just to touch.

I'm still not sure if these two will always be as buddy buddy as they are now, but I'm enjoying these moments as much as possible. Who knows if Faith will want to share clothes with Josie, or let her hang out with here and her friends.

But today, they are friends. More than that, they are sisters. As I try to find the words to describe their "friendship", I just keep coming back to "sisters". They are more like an extension of your being. They are the companion you have your entire life. I know Josie and Faith will have fights. I am completely aware of those crazy hormonal teenaged years.

But today, they are friends. They love and they laugh, and I enjoy it.
















No comments:

Post a Comment