Saturday, October 07, 2006

She's getting so big so fast!

Faith is just under 4 weeks old and doing all sorts of big girl things now! She had her first bottle from Daddy and did an AWESOME job! (The both of them! And here I was worried!)



I stayed out of the house...doing back breaking manual labor,



so she wouldn't think I'd cough up "the good stuff" and hurt Daddy's feelings. Turns out I had nothing to worry about! She took right to the bottle and better yet, took right back to the boob for her next feeding! I had been worried about the bottle being easier for her and me not being needed anymore...but I still am! Woo hoo!

For the record, I fed her for about 5 minutes before getting Jason to give her the bottle. It appears we faked her out just enough!

While Jason and I were working in the yard, (yes, he helped a TON too!) Auntie Lizz babysat the kid. I could hear her screaming (the baby, not Lizz) because we were making all sorts of racket in the front yard. Poor kid, but Auntie Lizz sure proved herself! She was an AWESOME first babysitter and never lost her cool (even when our dogs did. That's enough for ME to lose MY cool!). Auntie Lizz was paid with a dinner and lots of praise from mommy and daddy.

After all that hard work, Jason and Baby took a much deserved nap!



We've also been blessed with support from our church and have enjoyed 2 meals now from families on "The Care Team". It's been such a nice thing to not have to worry about getting dinner on the table (every other night) because they show up with a full meal in hand! Last night was rotisserie (ap?) Chicken and Caesar salad, not to mention blueberry ice cream and fresh blueberries! I can't wait to be able to repay this amazing service to others in my parish when their time comes.

And last but not least, Here is Faith in her ADORABLE Pooh outfit that Auntie Jen gave us for her shower. It looked so big but ended up fitting her very well! Just goes to show you how quickly they grow!


Thanks Jen! She looks great!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful baby girl!!!

    Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see daddy is helping out with the feeding! Awww... Hope all of you are doing well. Faith is just as adorable as can be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's getting so big, I want to see her again =(

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like things are starting to settle down and get into a nice routine. Zuzu and I hope to meet Faith soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "lots of praise from mommy and daddy"?
    Am I a puppy? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go on the bottle, Faith! Could you send some of that "bottle dust" this way to help me convince Emily the bottle is NOT the devil? haha Seriously though, we are having a tougher time that you guys but we are going to keep trying. XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete