Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Baby's First Christmas!

We had an AWESOME Christmas this year! For one thing, I was so excited to introduce Faith to all our Family traditions, as well as starting new ones. I knew we were strapped for cash having spent a butt-load to equip Faith's nursery this year, but I was excited nonetheless!

Lets begin with Faith's loot!

She got books from both Nana and Auntie Ali and Uncle Mark, new clothes, a SUPER cute bunny from Mommy and Daddy, a walking toy (I know...it'll be a while... but Nana couldn't resist!), a scrapbook from Auntie Lizz and Uncle Jamie to act as her Baby Book, super cool sunglasses that Daddy picked out, rattle booties, teeny-tiny bunny slippers and a VERY nice velour track suit from her Grandma and Grandpa, a cutie crawling baby Pooh Bear that goes when you puch his butt (yes... I mean it), her Christmas outfit from her Gram and Gramps, and a nice start to her college fund just to name a few!

Mommy got tons-o-goodies too!! Santa must have thought I was exceptionally good this year! I got a Keurig coffemaker from Jason, a Nikon D50 from my dad (which was actually a gift for both me AND my sister since I can stop borrowing hers for weeks on end!) and the best not-asked-for gift was a Panini maker from my sister and Jamie! I made Foccacia bread Christmas night and had homemade ham and pesto paninis! Yay for cold weather food! Oh, I also got a promise to baby-proof from Jason! Who knew baby-proofing would sneak up so quickly on us!?!

Daddy got a Notre Dame hitch cover for our truck, new jeans, slippers, and watchband for the watch we bought on our engagement cruise, a remote caddy, and a new hatchet from his dad (ours was pathetic!).

So, all in all, it was a great Christmas... Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would get my 2 BIG things on my "want list", but Faith was a trooper all day and made it an incredible enjoyable day!

2 comments: