It was awesome! We met with a fellow mommy, Kelly and another girl, Jen, at Casa Orozco (and the Tequila didn't kick in until LATER in the "pre-party"). It was nice to catch up with Jen, and of course, see Kelly again. I liked being able to talk about Faith with Kelly and not talk about Faith to only Jen and have her bored out of her child-free mind!
Here I am in my hotness:
Here is a shot I took a few weeks ago of the front of the dress. ITS A SIZE 8!!!! Thanks to my friend April who lent it to me!
I actually wish I had gone for the entire reunion because I didn't get to mingle with nearly as many people as I had wanted to. I'm TOTALLY looking forward to our 20 year Reunion!
Oh, and in general, the boys were balder and fatter and just as lame. The girls generally looked better than them and seemed to have grown up.... but only a little bit. The "popular girls" were still the same. They planned the reunion and as they said "don't give us credit for planning this", 9 of them stood in front of the whole class... I can't help but wonder WHY...when they didn't actually DO anything. But, whatever. It made me laugh.
My FAVORITE part of the night was when a girl that lots of people thought was a funny girl came up to me and said "I LOVED YOU! you were so funny!" Geee. Thanks!
Another highlight was the drunk guest in a terrible early-90s prom dress asking if I was the pro-photographer. Hell, it allowed me to snap her picture to laugh at it later. (BAD!)
And yes another highlight was NOT recognizing one of the "popular girls"...I had the nerve to ask "were you blonder?" to see if I could jog my memory. No go. She was married to another classmate. He was hot. and he was the one who remembered me :)
For More Pics: See my shutterfly album:
share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8ActGbJo5bNWTF
*whew*
Saturday: Stanford VS Notre Dame
No, we didn't go. Yes, we did WIN!!! Even though the referee was a craphead, we still won. AND we ALMOST "stuck it to 'em" on the 25th anniversary of "The Play" (for College Football Fans) with another. Stupid Personal Foul.
Sunday: Jersey Boys
OMG! AMAZING SHOW!!! I love a good show. We could only get nose-bleed seats, but soooo worth it. TWO dates in one weekend?? I'm a lucky girl.
Monday: Shopping
We took Faith to the mall for pictures with Santa. Last year, we waited for over an HOUR!!! not fun with a 3 month old! This year, we waited for about 5 minutes. She was SUPER cute but had the same panic stricken look on her face that she did last year.
After the pics, we made one more stop. Our favorite place to buy furniture is going out of business. We've bought every major piece in our house (coffee table, entertainment center, bedroom set with bed, tall boy, dresser, and side table, desk and filing cabinet) from them and LOVE the quality, color, style, etc. We were REALLY sad to hear of them going out of business. So, we stopped by. I got an early Christmas/Anniversary gift.
The table is a "pub height" with a butterfly leaf (so I don't have to find a place to store it! YAY!) and the chairs have leather seats so they count towards our "leather anniversary" gift in January. :)
And of course, we had to get the sideboard to match. Dammit all.
(Mom, don't be mad. It really was an INCREDIBLE deal. And that's all I'll say about that.)
So, I've had an AMAZING weekend!
So, I am bummed to have missed the reunion. I can't wait to hear about everything. I can't believe I have to wait another 10 years. I might be fat by then....
ReplyDeleteMore pictures of the reunion please. And I want the gossip. None of this anonymous stuff! I'm still loving reading this whenever I get a moment, and watching Faith grow up. Still can't wait to meet her. I will be in Vegas for Xmas, so if you're around...
ReplyDeleteKatx