With my blog list neatly trimmed of "excess", I am MAKING myself post again. I actually am quite flattered at the response to people's non-access. I've been told my blog is inspiring, well-written, and fun to read. Well! I suppose I can't let one person ruin EVERYONE'S fun! I thank those of you who are still reading for respecting my privacy and for supporting my decision to "trim the fat". With that said, this issue of betrayal is done with.
On to the good stuff!!
Here is a bit of journalling I plan on using in Faith's Scrapbook:
*****
Every Milestone that has you 'a little less baby and a little more big girl' is rough on Mommy.
The day you turned 15 months (December 12, 2007) was your first day without Mommy's Milk. It was a pretty easy Transition as you have always loved your cows milk.
Mommy was nervous that we wouldn't get that one-on-one time in the mornings anymore, but you must have known because you always want a cuddle and kiss while drinking your milk!
*****
I posted this because I know other mommy's out there that struggle with their babies not being babies anymore... (Heck, I was one of them and struggled with things like cutting back on breastfeeding, moving up to a size 4 diaper, and having 18month clothes actually FIT her!) When we had them, we knew the time would come that they would grow up and be less dependent on us for their every need. I hope this journal entry reminds people (you know who you are) that our babies will always need us...
The second big thing that's happened in our world is the completion of my school quarter! I'm adding a ticker to the day I "walk the plank" (i.e graduate), which happens to be my 29th birthday. I have just 2 quarters left...a total of 7 classes. Then, I have NO CLUE how to fill my days that were once occupied with studying and paper writing. (oh, who am I kidding... I'll busy myself SOMEHOW! It just wouldn't be Me otherwise!)
Oh, and some other GREAT news on the school front! I FAILED my Astronomy Final!! I know what you may be thinking... "She FAILED and that's GREAT news?". Hell yeah it is, because I did well enough on the rest of the class that I still ended the quarter with a B! I've failed the CLASS once before, so to succeed with a B puts a smile on my face. I had a great teacher, who was very informative and supportive. I don't think I'd have been able to power through it any other way.
So, grades, so far:
Astronomy + Lab: B
History of Photography: A (I guess my dumbass of a teacher got ONE thing right!)
Anthropology On The Internet: ?
The Bible for Student of Lit: ?
I'm feelin' pretty good...
we knew the time would come that they would grow up and be less dependent on us for their every need
ReplyDeleteSo many people told me "They grow fast!"...but I was totally not prepared for how damn fast it went. All of grey's transistions from baby to toddlerhood have been easy (luckily) but it just makes it seem even quicker.
That is SO cool that you did awesome in a class that was obviously tough (if you failed the final). You are so close to school being done! I know how great it feels to be done and I can't wait for you to have that same feeling!
ReplyDeleteGood for you posting again!!! I was waiting to see an update. I love what you said... we knew the time would come that they would grow up and be less dependent on us for their every need
ReplyDeleteSo true. Today as I watch Garrison run throught IKEA I found myself thinking... how did I get here? Crazy to have a little boy not a baby. Crazy to be thinking about TTC again. It is going so fast.
Um...talking to anyone specific about being worried they won't be our babies? ; ) I'm still struggling with feeling like she won't be my baby, but hope no more nursing will be a smooth transition.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on all the good grades - you're a rockstar!