Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Sleeping Beauty

AS I posted about a while ago, Faith has been regressing in her sleep patterns. She had been waking up at night and crying for HOURS, and she was difficult to get to sleep in the first place! So, with the help of a few new sleep books (I still love my Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child book, but it is NOT geared towards babies over a year. I needed to look elsewhere), we devised our new plan. In addition to more scheduled naptimes (asleep by 1pm up by 3pm), our bedtime looks something like this:

6:30- Bathtime!
- sit on the potty
- brush teeth
- new diaper, PJs
- Kiss puppies good night
- Kiss mommy good night
- Snuggle with Daddy in a dim room for one "GG Doll" (a musicbox in the form of a doll) round
- Kiss Daddy good night and snuggle with Bun Bun in her crib
- Daddy reads 2 stories
- lights out
7:30 - sleep

So far, its been working for us! She used to need 4+ stories and some backrubbing to go to sleep, but she is down to 1-2 stories before she is snoozing. Most often, she'll sleep until 6 or 7 the next morning (except last night, but I am hoping it was a fluke).

For naps, she is asleep before I hit the halfway mark in one story! She is "allowed" to sleep for at most 2 hours, or else she is a pain to put down for bed.

I'm REALLY happy we are reading her to sleep. I think it'll give her sweet dreams, and show her that reading is an important part of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment