Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Hot Weather Fun!

Faith and I beat the heat today by going to SuperFranks in Pleasanton. I took some pictures with my sister's point-and-shoot, but my other computer is still being retarded (has NOTHING to do with operator error, I swear it!) and I can't upload the pictures. I did get one ADORABLE picture of Faith that I can't wait to share...but you'll have to wait until the computer gods decide to smile on me once again. Faith ran around like crazy, played at the train table, rode a PlasmaCar (who wants to buy one for Mommy...errrr... Faith for her birthday??), went down the slide (many times over!), rode on a mini-carousel SOLO for the first time ever (and LOVED IT!), and won tickets in the arcade to buy stickers, which we promptly shared with her friends. We got to hang out with most of Faith's (and my) favorite friends which made for a great day!

After SuperFranks we "made" Papa take us out to lunch. It was so cute... Faith and Papa in their matching pink shirts (the same shirt he wore the day she was born!). He wanted to sit next to her, which was a treat for me since she is usually hanging on me during meals.

After lunch, we visited Daddy at work for the second time in the day (we also stopped by to see him on the way to SF's and to drop off lunch for him). What a treat!

On the ride home, Faith fell asleep about 3 miles from the house but wouldn't go back down. She cried when I tried putting her in her crib and asked to go lay down on our bed. Since we are considering grooming her for a BGB (Big Girl Bed), I took Bun bun and her blankie, made the room nice and dark, kissed her, told her it was naptime, and left.

She didn't nap. She sang...she called out (but more of a "I'm still here, Mama!" call-out), she laughed, she played with Bun Bun, she was quiet... for OVER an hour! And when I went to get her, there she was.. still under the blankie. Thankfully, she was still in a good mood and I was so proud of her for staying put! I have a feeling she'll d just fine in a BGB when the time comes. It just might take a while for her to get used to the freedom.

By this time, Daddy came home. We had a nice dinner (pulled enchilada pork from the Crock Pot!! HOLY MOLY! So yummy!) and played on the Slip n' Slide... yes...during a "drought". Hell, we figure we use less water than many because we put int he Heavenly GReens Turf instead of Sod. We're still doin' the state a favor :)

I took pictures with my Nikon while playing outside tonight so I could share some of those pictures. Enjoy!!

(sorry it's blurry. Electronic things are not my friends these days)



Oh...and did I mention she is now 23 months old?? Well, she is... well, she's actually 23 months and 1 Day. Seriously. Time Flies.

2 comments:

  1. We are giving her the car for her birthday ... it's up to Mom to make sure Daddy lets her ride on it! xoxo ... Gramps & Gram

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just took my nephews to Superfranks this weekend. Not as good for 13 year olds but we had fun playing mini golf. We were thinking about renting Tot Town for Paige's first birthday party, but we will see.

    ReplyDelete