Sunday, November 09, 2008

Girls Weekend!!

Jason has been taking trips with his dad, once a year, since he was 12. When we got together, I was fully supportive. After all, I had work and school to keep me busy! When Faith came along, I still new it was important to Jason to get away for a few days with his dad, but money ran thin and his leaving meant that I'd be single-momming it. When Faith was 5 weeks old, that was really rough. When she was a year and a bit, it got easier. This weekend, I am spending a great weekend with my girl (and NO DOGS! Jason went camping so I asked that he take the pups)! We haven't let our impatience get the best of us, we've had fun, and it's been a great time! She's slept really well, eaten decently (hey, she's two! I gotta cut her some slack), and seems to listen to me a little better. I think this weekend of just us is as therapeutic for us as it is for Jason now, and I am SO happy about that!

However, I sleep terribly when Jason is gone. Last night, I didn't go to sleep until 2am! I can't even tell you the last time I did that! Whether I am watching DVRed shows, playing around on the computer, or just tossing and turning; I can't sleep. But, somehow, I wake up in a decent mood (it gets better with my coffee and a smile from Faithie) at 7am. Faith and I enjoy our morning beverages of choice together, watch a little Saturday/Sunday morning cartoons, and get ready to enjoy our day! I'm looking forward to Jason's trip again next year and I am so glad I am not going to emit any guilt trip vibes. It's been a good weekend :)


Potty Training has been moving along. I've started putting Faith in her training pants during the day AND at naps (eek!). When her panties are wet when we go sit on the potty, I usually tell her "your panties are wet. You need to tell me when you need to go potty." and quickly move about cleaning her up so it's not an entirely pleasant experience. All business. I let her hold her "bribe stickers" and if she doesn't go, I take them away and tell her she doesn't get one because she didn't go potty (which usually gets her to go! Ahhh.... bribery). She often tells me "I'm going potty", which doesn't help up as much as her less frequent "Want to go potty" to avoid wet panties. This morning I woke up to Faith yelling "Poop in Diaper, Mom! Poop in Diaper!" That usually means that she has graciously assisted me in her change by removing her diaper, so I jumped out of bed quickly when I heard that one. To my utter glee, her diaper was still firmly affixed and her PJs still zipped! I think we are making progress!!

On another Faith note (much less pee related), she is learning songs at the drop of a hat! It's AMAZING! She helps me sing my audition song and is currently (as in, at this exact moment) watching a TV show she has never seen before, that has a singing dog on it. By the end of the song, she was singing along! The inner Diva in me BEAMS when I hear her singing a new song. Or, when she plays around with ones she knows well.

Last night, when I put her down for bed, she requested Bye Lu Baby as she does EVERY NIGHT. But last night, she started singing it in her "growl voice" and I couldn't stop laughing! Her growl voice is a voice we do with her; we furrow our brows and say in a low, well, growl, "Faaaithie" and she furrows her brow and says "Mommmmmy" or "Daaaaaady". It's funny enough with our names, let alone an entire song!!

And I can't help but be happy that my 2 year old knows her ABCs and points to various letters in the world (on signs, in books, in her bath, and on clothing mostly) and asks "What's that?". I sign the letter for her and ask "what letter is this?". She gets it right after a few guesses but the best part is her trying to manipulate her hand into the sign I am showing her! She signs a mean E, S, Q, X, Y, and Z. Her favorite letters are F, H, M, Q, and X (three of which are in her name. Coincidence? I think not!).

We're going to start working on her phone number, address, and what number to call in an emergency though she is much more partial to letters than she is to numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment