Thursday, May 21, 2009

Good JuJu

It is a common complaint of pregnant women... 

Touching the Belly. 

Many women I know would be incredibly offended if someone (occasionally ANYONE) touches their belly besides themselves and their husbands. However, I am not one of those. I happen to love it when people touch my belly! I am proud of the fact that I am growing a child and I see it as Good JuJu for them to bestow upon me and my unborn! 

However, I have yet to be accosted by someone at the grocery store or in line at Togos (for either pregnancy). 

I will say, especially after having been pregnant myself a couple of times, I find it harder to resist touching the belly. I would just like to apologize to any of my gloriously pregnant friends (NEVER would I DARE touch a stranger's belly!) that may or may not have been as giddy about me giving the JuJu to their bellies as I am to give it. It's just a gravitational pull for me... and who am I to deny gravity??


1 comment:

  1. I was never accosted. I think people were afraid of me. I guess being a tattooed freak is good for something.

    ReplyDelete