Tuesday, July 21, 2009

34 Weeks and Then Some...

In my post on Aug. 3, 2006, I wrote about being 34 weeks pregnant with Faith. I can't say my description there isn't pretty accurate for this time around too. My right side is more tired than my left since the baby hangs out there all day, but my left side has a new *fun* issue...sciatic pain. LOTS of it. There are times that I can't put any weight on my left side, which, at the 2am bathroom break, REALLY sucks. TMI, but it takes far longer than it should. But I'm seeing my chiropractor weekly now and doing my prenatal yoga video when I remember to. The past couple of days have been much kinder to me :)

We decided to not do any classes that Kaiser offered this time around.
Breastfeeding: Check.
I did it for 15 months. I'm fairly certain it'll be like riding a bike, and if I struggle, I can ringy dingy the Lactation Consultant before we're discharged.
Hospital Tour: Check.
Not only do I remember where to go and what to do, but I got a refresher course when my sister had Max. We were there A LOT.
Labor Prep Class: Check.
If for no other reason than 1) we couldn't afford the "express class" that was for one full weekend (Friday night and all day Saturday and Sunday. OBVIOUSLY not made for parents of toddlers). and 2) the 6-weekly classes were filled by the time we even thought about signing up! Jason and I are both nervous about having not had a refresher course but I have been working on my meditation and breathing on my own as well as doing stretches to prepare my body for what's to come.
Anesthesia Class: Check.
I did it last time even though I was planning on a Natural Labor. I am going in to this labor with the same ideals as last time... I'd like to go natural, but my ultimate goal is a healthy baby and mommy. If that includes pain meds, so be it.

I was going to post a belly picture tonight, but I am very very tired aftr spending some time getting more stuff ready in the baby's room. We'd be all set to go if TicTac decided tonight was the night (PLEASE, don't decide that, TicTac!!) save for the carseat, which my sister still has. It's a good thing she's planning on being at the birth so she can just bring it with her.


1 comment: