The playdate was fun. Some good company and very well behaved children! What more could a group of Moms ask for?
A Nap. This Mommy could ask for a nap. You would think a morning of hustle and bustle and playing with friends in the sunshine would wear a kid out, right? I mean, it wears an almost 35-week pregnant Mommy out, so why shouldn't it wear her out?? No Go. Sure, she went in her room, but half the time she was crying, the other half, she was coming out of her room for various reasons, like the mailman came and the dog barked so she needed to know what was going on.
Finally, I bribed her to stay in her room by telling her she could watch one of her shows during dinner (normally a No No, but Daddy is working overtime tonight). Success. She stayed put! But when I went in to get her, she obviously had not napped. Try as I might, I couldn't let it go. I blame the hormones (not the baby...the hormones. different. I try to not blame the baby for my bad moods).
I made dinner. I let her harass the dogs with that stupid ball popper because they had harassed me by wanting to go in-out-in-out-in-out (you get the idea) all afternoon. I let her play with her Little People on the counter while I cooked, trying hard to pick my battles wisely. At dinner, when she would play on the couch after each mouthful of food, or swish her milk in her mouth (a pet peeve even on my good days), I started taking things away. First, I paused her show while she'd finish a bite. Then I told her no "cold thing" (popscicle) after dinner if she didn't shape up. Then I turned off the show....
My buttons have been sufficiently pushed. Bedtime can't come soon enough... for both of us.
Enough whining... for both of us.
No comments:
Post a Comment