Sunday, November 08, 2009

Blissful Slumber!

Josie is going to be 11 weeks on Tuesday and last night, slept for 11.5 hours straight!! No gurgles, no cries, no grunts... 11.5 hours! Of course, I woke up around the 10 hour mark wondering if I should go check on her, but fell back to sleep before I could convince my body to get out of my nice cozy bed.

When Faith and I went to get her, she greeted us both with a HUGE smile! You really can't ask for a better way to start the day.

She nursed for about 10 minutes, but I was slightly engorged after not having fed her for 11.5 hours, so I pumped. I got a full 10 oz!!! Incredible.

On the bottle front, we are STILL trying. This week, I've gotten her to take a couple ounces (one at a time) pretty uneventfully. Nana came over yesterday and gave her another ounce. We're going to meet Baby Lukas, Faith and Josie's second cousin who is just 2 days younger than Josie, today and I'll take a bottle with me so Nana can try again. Maybe I'll bump her up to 2 oz! I'm just crazy enough to do it!

3 comments:

  1. Wow that is incredible, I can't believe she slept for so many hours. I really hope we are half as lucky :) Starting to feel a little better, so once I am completely well, we will have to get together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO lucky. My girls didn't sleep 11.5 hours straight until they were 8 & 9 months old! (Now you see why I had to have a glass of wine every night....)
    And, way to go on 10 oz for one pumping! awesome!

    ReplyDelete